Reynolds 853 SS/Geared Hardtail
The Domahidy Designs Reynolds 853 steel hardtail is designed for one express purpose, putting a huge grin across your face. This bike’s playful spirit is intended to wisk you away on destinations near or far. With short chainstays, ample tire clearance, belt drive compatibility, and a myriad of set-up options, this is one fun machine. Due to full length external derailleur cable housing, a Velcro chainstay protector with built in cable housing sleeve, and the included SS drop out, this bike can go from full gears to single speed very quickly and easily. Simple, clean, and timeless, the Domahidy Designs Reynolds 853 steel hardtail fuses old school design with modern standards like 142/12 rear drop outs and a true tapered head tube, making that Niner taper fork look nearly seamless.
Units are in millimeters, click to view them in inches.
|a seat tube length||368||390||432||480||530|
|b top tube length - effective*||552555||580583||605608||625628||645648|
|c head tube length||110||110||115||125||140|
|d chainstay length**||430||430||435||435||435|
|e front and center*||611617||639645||653658||673678||687692|
|g seat tube angle - effective*||73.5°72.5°||73.5°72.5°||73°72°||73°72°||72.5°71.5°|
|h head tube angle*||71°70°||71°70°||71.5°70.5°||71.5°70.5°||71.5°70.5°|
**measurement in the shortest position
• 31.6mm seatpost, 400mm recommended
• 34.9mm low mount front derailleur (depending on FD model, rear wheel may need to move back for derailleur clearance)
• Internal (integrated) tapered headtube, IS42 upper, IS52 lower
• 73mm threaded bb
• 142/12 thru axle
- Custom Reynolds 853 DZB tubing works to keep the bike light and ride quality amazing.
- Tapered head tube means compatibility with all modern forks and a seamless, beautiful look.
- Oversized tubing for increased stiffness at the bottom bracket and improved tracking at the head tube.
- Horizontal dropouts with split allow for single speed and belt drive compatibility.
- Fantastic tire clearance for even the meatiest of tires.
- External cable routing can accommodate any drivetrain configurations including 1×11, 2×10, or 3×10.
- 142/12 Rear Drop outs keep the rear wheel snug and secure.
- Comes with DD Velcro chainstay protector, seatclamp, and both a geared and single speed right hand drop out.
- 5.3 lbs for medium frame
- $1,099 frame only